The thought of knitting with two colours of yarn was somehow intimidating to me , that I never attempted to even try it. Then I saw one of the ladies in church wearing a similar looking cowl in lovely earthen colours that I was tempted to give it a try.
It always takes some time for me to work up the courage to try new things. Once I start,I always realise that it was not as hard as I thought of it in my head! (Over thinker alert right here ). Sometimes , simply just doing it is best.
When I went searching for an easy -ish free pattern on Ravelry , this pattern came up in the search. I decided to make this pattern only because it came with the tip to look up ‘Blister Stitch ‘on You tube ,which proved to be super helpful.
I decided to use the scrumptious Nunnaba gradient and Naturally TweedI had in my stash . Once I got an understanding the stitch pattern down, it was a pleasure to work on and proved to be a quick finish.
I made a few additional rows than the pattern called for as I wanted the gradient yarn to come through.
I couldn’t however, figure out how to do the jobless join in this cowl . Its ok I think ,as when I’m wearing it, it may not be that visible .
This cowl is so so soft. I love it.
Surprisingly for this project ,I did not use up all the yarn in the gradient yarn like I wanted to.I also have a little more of the brown tweed left over as well.
Encouraged by the fact that some people I met here, really liked the cowls I made before, I added a couple of them to my felt store.
The idea for these eco friendly face pads to remove makeup or apply cleanser took shape as I was trying to teach myself to knit ergonomically. I may not have succeeded with that, but I’m very pleased with how these face pads turned out.
The idea of something loose that covers the neck and the ears in the cold has always fascinated me .Although hats look pretty, I am not much of a hat person. I like to wrap my shawl around my head and neck in the cold. I always need to cover my head and neck so as not to end up with a ear and throat infection.
I had this one skein of extremely soft squishy yarn Shanna gave me and I wanted to use it all up in one project. I checked out some of the patterns on Ravelry, this pattern seemed simple enough and I decided to give it a go.
Like I said before, it took only an afternoon from start to finish , but I was looking for something to go on like a hoodie. I still had a lot of yarn left.So I frogged it all and thought I will cast it on in the car_ on the way to watch the fireworks _and finish it up while waiting there.
I had the wrong needles, but it worked fine for me the first time.It was probably that I was distracted that I could not get the casting on right.
I tried five times_ each time my frustration level going up a little higher and then finally decided to throw the thing into the dashboard . The thing kept crying out to me from the dashboard , saying this time it would behave and I had to give it one last chance. So I took it out, and true to its word, it all came out right! 🙂 .Happy , I left it and went on to enjoy the fireworks, which started just as soon as I finished casting on .
I followed the pattern all through but kept knitting round and round till whole ball of yarn was over.
No idea about the name of the yarn or needle I used.