June marks the start of Winter. As much I would like the sun to come out and shine gloriously every single day , let’s accept the fact that it’s going to get dull, dark and dreary.Sometimes a rainy freezing cold day makes it all the more dreadful. Yup Winter is definetly here and it’s not my favourite season .
I try my best to keep myself cheerful as the days gets darker and shorter .Its the lack of light that makes winter a sad season for me.
So here are a few things I do to cozy up my home in Winter . I share it here hoping it will help others too.
- Bringing greenery inside.I have plants and terrariums in little corners around the house . Having plants around the house all year round is surely refreshing . However during Winter when the trees are bare and skeletal, seeing greenery around the house cheers up the heart.
- Adding Colour around the house surely makes me smile.
- Cooking something yummy. I try out budget friendly new recipes . Bake a cake and ice it , even it is only out of a box. Apart from just warming up the house, it also makes the house smell yummy while serving as a treat
- Knit/ crochet something warm for yourself . I usually grab some deliciously soft yarn from my stash or treat myself to some scrumptious soft yarn if I feel the need and make something mindless and useful for me to use during winter. For me it’s yarn that floats my boat , for you it could be something else like painting, quilting , colouring in etc. Basically what I’m trying to say is do more of whatever makes your soul sing.
- Keep calm and drink tea . If asked to choose between coffee and Tea , I would always choose Tea . More specifically Indian chai . I start my day with a well made cup of strong Indian Chai. As the light starts dwindling and the day seems depressing, I start craving for full bodied cup of ginger tea . The indulgence never fails to lift my spirits.
- Other things I sometimes do is listen to music with peppy beats, burn light yummy smelling candles around the house along with some fairy lights .
So what do you do to beat the Winter blues?