When I first saw the Addi swing hook on the Needles and Yarn , Kuwait,Instagram feed , I had neither heard about them nor seen them before that. I asked J to pick up one for me only because I was attracted two tone colourful wide handles.
I first got the 3.25 hook as that was the size I used often. I didn’t use it much back then, as I was so used to the Susan Bates hooks.
I did not start using them actively until the pain in my arm developed.
On holding them for the first time, I did feel a little awkward.I hold the hooks in the pencil grip and they seemed a little too big for my small hands at first. Like I mentioned already,I have always used Susan Bates alumnium hooks.However, I quickly got used to it and I’m happy to report that I’m enjoying crocheting with them very much. My fingers did not ache or cramp after using it for a long time
The wide handle reminds me of a toothbrush .The soft rubber like handle gives me a nice and comfortable grip..
So let me tell you the pros and cons of this Ergonomic hook .
- The hook comes neatly packaged in a semi plastic box which also doubles up as a nice hook case with the sizing of the hook prominently displayed.
- The heart addi logo printed on them are cute
- All the hooks are colour coded with their metric sizes printed on them for easy usage
- The soft rubber like handle has a slight flexibility which makes it easy to hold in the palm
- The highly polished hook , makes for a snag free ,smooth crocheting experience.( the metal is the same as the addi knitting needles)
- It might feel a little heavy for some people initially
- They are on the pricer side .It cost me 3.5 K.D
- Not very hardy handle, as the place where the white plastic joins the coloured rubber like material, could snap ( It happened with one of my hooks and I couldn’t figure out how that happened. I superglued it and use it with much care. It could be a one off incident but thought I will throw it out there )
- The shaft of the hook is slightly short for my liking
For me personally , I love this hook and have been able to crochet for long hours with them.Its the only hook I use now.
|my hook grip|
I wanted to add more to my collection . A quick Google search lead to me to www.crochetaustralia.au.
Lynda of Crochet Australia has offered a discount for readers of this blog .
When you spend under $50, you will get a $5 DISCOUNT, when you use the code PEARCA0915
When you spend over $50, you will get a $10 DISCOUNT,when you use the code PEARCA0950
These codes are valid until the end of September for your first purchase of anything from their website.
I was not financially compensated in anyway either to give a favourable review for the hook or for giving a discount code for the shop here.
All opinions expressed here are my own, based on my experiences.
I got this discount for my readers only because I wanted to give my readers a chance to try out the hooks, of course you can buy anything else with the codes if you like.