I chanced upon this pattern when I googled for a shell purse pattern.Uncomplicated, easy and most importantly it had shells 😉 just my style and I had to make it.I bookmarked it and planned on making it sometime in the New Year.
When I started it ,I finished in about an hour or so.It was that easy and a no fuss pattern!
On the first attempt of this bag, turned out too big for my taste
Just then, the Crochetville CAL happened ,I was excited and even signed up .Lots of tips ,like making it the size you wanted , to make it as big or small as you want, amt of material needed for the lining etc.It was so fun and really inspiring to see so many different versions/colour combo/yarns used ,of finished bags.
I decided to make it smaller.I had the bulky yarn the pattern required.Now the bag was done, but I was so intimidated by the lining part, that without even attempting to try it,I put it off. And couldn’t get motivated to get done with it too.
When I was frustrated with another projected I was working on, I pulled out this bag with a vengence and finished lining it in another half an hour or so .
Now the specs for those interested.
- Yarn : King Cole Magum The Light weight Chunky(left over from the Sweater I made before)
- Shade :32 Dye 31204 Burgandy
- Amount used: About two and a half skeins
- Hook:H/8.5mm Boye U.S.A ; I/9,5.50 mm Boye U.S.A
- Lining:Recycled an unused dupatta
- Pattern:Nordstrom Hobo Bag
- Modifications: Nothing really,I just made 9 shells, instead of the 11 shells in the pattern.The way to calculate the foundation chain can be found in the CAL
Check out the purse handle.I love it!